Each website client may request 1 hour of website edits each month as a part of our web package offering.
If you are planning to make several edits we do advise submitting them in a single email as this saves us time from having to re-access your site and reduces the amount of followup communication.
We estimate edits in 15 minute increments (rounded up) so combining edits into a single list allows you to better spend your editing hour for each month. We also include investigation time in our billing as well, so the more information and guidance we have up front will ensure you're getting the most out of your time.
Examples of how you may use your hour:
- Add/remove/change a sentence/text.
- Add/remove/change a staff member.
- Add/remove/change a photo.
- Add/remove/change a video.
- Add/remove/change office hours.
- Add/remove/change a social stream or social link.
- Add/remove a default service page.
- Add/remove/change a chat widget.
- Add/remove/change a Book Appointment link/form.
- Add Google analytics and/or Facebook pixels.
Average Time: 15-30mins
These will more than likely come in under an hour unless the total number of edits combined are excessive. These times are also based on you providing us with the desired content, the necessary code snippets, or all the change details upfront and in a format we can work with. Our web editing team will clarify what's needed if we are missing anything.
- Add/remove/change a key feature of the site such as: changing the primary or secondary navigations function/layout, any change to do with the homepage function/layout/sections or the addition of any site-wide function/layout/sections.
- Add/remove/change a custom page or section (any page not provided with the initial site build but the content has been provided by the practice).
- Add/remove/change any sort of mobile functionality.
- Add/remove/customize any sort of pop-up, flyout, or alert.
- Add new reviews to the reviews page.
Average Time: 1-2 hours
The hour can be used first, but anytime over the hour is billable and a quote will be provided by our website editing team for approval before work begins/continues.
Below are some examples of requests that simply fall outside of an hour's worth of edits. Some of these items may be necessary to keep your site up to date but they can require changes be made throughout the entire website and take many hours to complete. We're happy to make these changes for you and will provide an estimate prior to getting started, which if applicable, we'll deduct an hour from the estimate. Once approved, we'll add the billed hours to your monthly invoice when the project is complete.
- A new doctor is joining the practice and needs to be added throughout the entire website in service and practice page content.
- A new doctor has purchased the practice and needs to be added throughout the entire website in place of, or with, the old doctor.
- The practice name is changing.
- The practice location is changing.
- The practice is changing brands.
- Requesting the recreation of: a function, page, section or feature of another non-legwork website.
- The practice, or an SEO company working on their behalf, forward of any form of SEO report/updates that contain an extensive list of changes that they would like addressed. Most SEO companies can provide this service as part of your agreement with them and we are happy to provide your SEO company access to the site to make their own changes.
- Add a new practice or a second location.
- Creation of additional paperless forms that are not part of your new patient intake form such as consultation forms, referral forms or consent forms.
- Creating/converting/changing a page to include another language besides english. (This excludes installing translation widgets such as google translate.)
Average Time: 2+ hours
This is not a complete list, but it helps provide perspective on what edits are possible and what kind of response you can expect from our team as we do our best to assist you.
In the event we are unable to complete your edits in the monthly hour, or the time we estimated, we will reconnect with you to get approval on any additional billable time needed.
If you do not wish to pay for completing any edits beyond the monthly hour, we will close your ticket and you are welcome to resubmit any of your edits the next month.
Your included monthly hours may not be scheduled out with a web designer in advance or turned into a recurring project that we are held responsible for maintaining. Requests for site changes must be submitted at the times they are needed.